Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome you all to my fun networking adventure!

Hi! My name is Diego Guerrero. I am a grad student of the M.Sc. in Computer Game Development at DePaul University. I am currently finishing the first year of my degree and as part of this quarter's classes I am taking "Multiplayer Game Development". One of the tasks for this class is to write a blog and keep it up-to-date about class’ projects status (kind of like a development journal), so here you have it.

For our first week of the quarter we got three (3) small assignments to warm-up our muscles. Here is the list:
  • Create a blog and write my first post ... CHECK!
  • Create a small Visual Studio C++ project to convert a lowercase c-string into uppercase (this one was just to warm-up our programming fingers and keyboard) ... CHECK!
  • Download the Spacewar game Visual Studio project (XNA and C#), compile it and play it. We will be working on this game during the quarter; it is currently just playable locally, so we will convert it to data-driven and make it playable across the network, sweet! ... CHECK!

So my fellow readers (if there is anyone out there), this is all I have for now. I will be back again as soon as the next assignment get posted!

Adios!

P.S.: In case you want to check it out I also have another blog for my “Game Engine Programming II” class. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment